Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Poor Little Blog...

So I had totally forgotten about my poor little blog until another discussion post came up... Poor little blog. I have been working long days at my new job and trying to keep up with school is testing me a little bit. Considering that my current job has nothing to do with my future career hopes, it is hard to keep the numbers from work and the work from school separate in my head. Right now I am juggling school, work, and trying to find a new house. While there are many of us students who do this every day I am finding it somewhat taxing on what little sanity I claim to hold onto. I'm still looking to find a good internship job in my field by the end of the year but right now I needed something to help put internet in the laptop and snacks in the cupboards.
How are the rest of you doing in your efforts to maintain school and life? What are some ways we cope with the stress of juggling so many different aspects of life and still trying to stay focused on what needs to be done?
I have to make a schedule every day based on blocks of time. I have a block of time in the morning for coffee and day prep, a block of time for work, a block of time for school, and then a block of time for relaxation. Depending on the day, any of those blocks can grow or shrink in length but I have to have each of them in order to feel like the day was a success.
What do you do and how do you organize your time?

1 comment:

  1. I am also struggling with balancing school work and taking care of my five month old daughter. When I starting school I had to balance work and school, it's tough. I would get out at 11 at night so I didn't have any time to finish homework since I'm an hour behind of Florida. Instead of resting before work I would hurry up and finish my homework so it's not late. Doing that I didn't give my 100% effort into. Also being 7 months pregnant I was still getting sick and extremely tired. It's hard balancing being a parent, school and work. It does get easier, sometimes you just need to take an hour from your day to yourself so you don't get overwhelmed by everything.

    ReplyDelete